The DNA team, led by our company directors, brings together business professionals with individual excellence across a range of disciplines. We have a wealth of talent and in a unique approach, we handpick a team for each project to deliver a truly holistic consulting service. Rather than a client having a single, one size fits all, consultant, with expertise in one particular area, our team has come together from different sectors with a variety of commercial disciplines. By bringing together the right skills mix for your company – be it business planning, sales, marketing, vision, culture, legal or technical – DNA consultants will work to support your business ambitions, giving insight and expert strategic advice to position you for growth.
Over 22 years at the helm of a successful design & marketing agency; formidable communication, business insight and sales knowledge with organisations at every level, from SME’s to blue chip, professional services including Manufacturing, Construction and Legal to Public Sector; now predominantly working with leadership on strategic planning, goals, brand positioning, business growth strategies and development of communications.
- Art School – specialising in graphic design
- Sales executive – Canon UK, moved in to senior sales within three years
- Business development – for graphic design agency, doubling their turnover in 12 months
- Established and headed up a successful design and marketing agency for over 22 years
- Expertise in Brand positioning, marketing & sales communications advice to business.
- Established DNA business engineering – As a result of demand for strategic insight in to business
- Registered provider under the Manufacturing Advisory Service (MAS)
- Coach & Mentor for Growth Accelerator
- Leadership and Management Coach – Winning Pitch
- Sheffield City Council, Creative Sheffield – Appointed Consultant
I work with businesses that are pursuing growth, helping them develop a road map to achieve increased revenue. From global manufacturers, Legal firms, supply and distribution companies and smaller professional & service business. I have been listening to and advising businesses for 25 years and have the ability to swiftly understand the internal dynamics of an organisation, gain insight to their challenges and the aspirations of the leadership. Working alongside the board and taking soundings throughout the business, I develop strategic recommendations based on our sound DNA methodology to clarify goals, define market position and develop brand communications. Either as non-exec. director for companies or for discreet projects. Bringing objective, external insight to support the goals of a business.
‘We have worked together for over eight years developing our approach to the market by all methods available. Jonathan has been a critical part of our strategic team.’
Craig James – Director, Hillfoot Multi Metals
‘Jonathan has first class questioning and listening skills; a rare skill.’
Mike Lewis – Director, Claro Precision Engineering
‘Jonathan was very open and honest. He had substantial strategic marketing knowledge and provided us with this in a way that we could take and use ourselves. The procedures now help our engineers market our products.’
Jamie Marsay – Senior Manager, Labman Automation
‘Jonathan Rayfield is interesting and lively company; he has demonstrated over a number of meetings an ability to focus on what is important and develop a constructive and meaningful road map for our business.’
Brian Stahelin – MD, Stafflex
Almost 40 years in business, culminating as MD of a £40 million turnover metals distribution business. An authority in sales & marketing, in particular international. Now focusing on helping businesses build international trading strategies and developing the personal effectiveness of their sales people.
- Honours degree in Economics & Business Studies
- Sales & marketing graduate trainee with British Steel
- International business development roles in Africa, Europe, Australia & SE Asia
- Set up a new business venture in Singapore
- Sales & marketing consultant for Alphastrut Ltd – working in the global Offshore Oil & Gas sector
- Board Member of the International Trade Network (formerly Midlands World Trade Forum)
I have a passion for exporting that has continued and grown throughout my career. I am now working to encourage this passion in others, to help them develop a strategy and get exporting. The process I use takes a business step by step through the minefield of international trade to ensure that the product is the right one, that the markets are carefully chosen and that the whole journey from shipment to payment is clean and tidy. My leadership, communication and strategic skills underpin all this and ensure that the client enjoys and profits from, the whole process.
I am also engaged in raising the personal effectiveness of sales people, who always have latent power sat beneath the surface that I am able to release, making them more powerful individuals and more effective sales people.
‘Doug completely changed the culture to a sales focused, professional and profitable business utilising his people management skills that were delivered in a very positive and inclusive way. He has the ability to see opportunities in businesses and people that others may miss.’
Stephen Hepplewhite – CEO, The Hillfoot Steel Group
‘Doug is exceptionally skilled in developing the people with whom he works, realising their potential and growing them as individuals. His marketing capabilities are outstanding, particularly on an international front. He helped me to move from the sales desk to Sales Director in a relatively
brief period using his excellent mentoring and coaching skills.’
Craig James – Executive Director, Hillfoot Multi Metals
With over 20 years marketing and sales experience on the client side, Richard has spent the majority of his career working for three major blue-chip organisations. A variety of roles in Product Management, Marketing, Strategic, Brand and Account Management across 30 countries have afforded Richard a very broad-based experience and an insight into how business is conducted on a global basis.
- Honours degree in Service Sector Management
- CIM Diploma in Marketing
- Management Trainee rising to Group Product Manager, Wolseley Plc
- Product Development Manager rising to Commercial Director, Thorsman Ltd
- European Marketing Director, JOEL Electric AS, Denmark
- Marketing Manager & National Account Manager, Havells Sylvania UK
I specialise in using detailed analysis, modelling and forecasting to assess growth opportunities and necessary change in businesses. Many businesses lack a clear vision which every employee can understand and buy into and identifying this vision is an area in which I specialise. When the DNA team make an initial visit to a client, within the first hour of discussion we tend to have a handle on exactly where the business is, what its challenges are and where it needs to be. I ask a lot of questions! The analysis is to substantiate and justify decision making for the future.
‘Working together with Richard has been a wonderful experience. Richard is continuously looking for new business opportunities and creating/opening new sales channels by thinking out of the box. Richard is an excellent people manager and can operate/communicate on all levels within an organisation.’
Mr Jan Leunis – Senior International Key Account Manager Retail, Philips Lighting GmbH
‘Richard is a highly experienced and motivated person. The work he produces is of very high quality. He is a very quick learner and has the rare ability to deliver to clients requirements with an exceptional level of integrity.’
Richard Hall – Owner & Managing Director, Pd-m International Limited
‘I always found Richard to be extremely approachable and always professional demonstrating the highest levels of integrity in his dealings, open to new ideas and future potentials. Richard is an extremely motivated and professional person who knows what is required to deliver growth to a category but at the same time realising that business is about partnerships and not all about ‘the take’. I look forward to the day I can work with Richard again and have no hesitation in recommending him.’
Gareth Thomas-Prause – National Account Manager, Be Modern Group
Over 25 years’ experience in every conceivable aspect of information technology implementation and management; leadership roles in blue-chip, SMB and start-ups; main focus is technology strategy and getting value from investment in IT. With such a wide range of projects and programmes completed, Ged knows about the softer aspects of implementation – what gets in the way and what guarantees success.
- MSc in Software Engineering
- MBA with Specialism in Strategic Planning
- Software Engineer at Intech, specialising in the Lloyd’s of London market
- Co-founded, developed and sold NPU Systems, specialising in software systems for event management and merchandising
- Interim project, programme and executive management across utilities, retail and telecommunications industry, delivering capabilities in field force work management, metering, margin management, quoting and pricing and demand forecasting
- Part-time lecturer in project management at Leeds Metropolitan University and active in research into light-touch business project management methods
- Consulting with SMBs on IT Strategy and business process management and improvement, delivering improvements in management information and performance across businesses as diverse as farming, debt management and specialist tools and equipment supply
- Fellow and chartered member of the British Computer Society (FBCS) and member of the Association for Project Management (MAPM)
- ILM qualified Management Coach
My passion is giving people the support (tools, systems, processes and coaching) to do their jobs well. In 25 years I have met very few people who did not want to do a good job, yet in contrast, I have met many who have been prevented from doing so by poor support. I take a simple approach to understanding what outcomes really matter and then work with the business and leaders to configure the optimum systems and processes. The hearts and minds of the individuals involved are so important in succeeding; that’s why I take a coaching approach with key people, so that they are part of the success.
With 25 years of business experience and hands on approach, Mike is quick to understand what is going on and address short term problems and long term goals. During his time in business Mike has built businesses from scratch and created successful exit strategies. Easy to get along with and comfortable with transmitting the message at all levels in organisations. Not afraid to roll his sleeves up leading by example and very much enjoys problem solving. A people person who has practical skills and believes in keeping things simple and clear. Works on the principle – “do not treat people how you want to be treated, treat them how they want to be treated”. Uncovering this motivation is one of Mike’s assets.
- Grammar School and further Education
- Blue chip trained in International Business FMCG
- Established Telecoms business during Industry deregulation
- Built the business over 20 year into leading player and sold
- Involved in numerous MBO’s and exit/buy outs
- Holds Chairman and non-exec position
- Mentoring for sales and profit growth
- People and team mentor
Having experienced the business journey myself from start up to exit I understand all the challenges and can quickly tune in to key issues and opportunities. My own business operated in a tough and competitive market which involved getting ahead and staying there. After successful exit I have helped business owners and their teams step up the gears and refocus endeavours. I regard myself as a problem solver and not easily fazed no matter what the challenge. Able to work through top line strategies and translate these into working sales and marketing plans. More a ‘doer’ than someone who writes endless reports.
Over 20 years experience in a variety of business, project, senior management and director roles in IT and telecoms, financial services, trade development and the public sector. Having worked internationally in Belgium, Ireland and the UK, has developed excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills. Has gained a wide range of experience in managing businesses and departments more efficiently through strategic planning, performance measurement and process improvement.
- BA Management (1st class honours, Irish Management Institute)
- Diploma in Languages and Business Studies leading to a graduate position with the European Commission in Brussels
- IT Programme Office Manager at Eircom Plc and Prince 2 Practitioner
- Member of the IT senior management team at Eircom plc responsible for an ambitious IT Change Programme
- Head of IT Commercial Management promoted to Director of Performance Improvement, Group IT, KCOM Group, Hull
- Director Owner, Lamplighter Associates, Business Coach & Consultant specialising in business development and performance improvement
- Registered and approved Growth Coach for Growth Accelerator
Having studied and experienced the many different aspects of managing departments and businesses, I now work with managers and directors of start-ups and established SMEs as a business adviser and mentor. My role is to listen and to work alongside my clients to generate new ideas, make recommendations to resolve issues, plan for their business’ future and where necessary, support them in delivering those recommendations. I am a registered and approved Growth Coach for Growth Accelerator providing expert, tailored advice to help ambitious businesses achieve rapid, sustainable growth.
‘I worked with Jean at Eircom plc and KCOM Group Plc. Jean takes a huge sense of ownership and has great drive and tenacity to get things done. She is a practical thinker and works exceptionally well with everyone to get the right business results. I rate Jean very highly.’
Clodagh Murphy – Managing Director, Eclipse
‘I cannot recommend Jean highly enough in all aspects of business coaching. She has helped my business and put processes and procedures in place to enable the company to grow. She puts things into a clear and refreshing way, thinks outside the box and shows great attention to detail. I cannot thank her enough for what she has achieved for my business.’
David Metcalfe – Managing Director, Images Labels
‘Jean is a finisher and can be relied upon 100% to deliver the goods. She is truly committed to her work, beyond her call of duty and is the first to offer her assistance in times of need or difficulty. If it wasn’t for her enthusiasm and belief, getting our new business initiative to this stage would be difficult to imagine.’
Jonathan Daniel – Managing Director, FitBack
‘Jean can be relied upon to produce excellent work in a timely manner, quickly building a good rapport with clients. I am always impressed with Jean’s professionalism and end results. I would have no hesitation in recommending Jean as a Business Coach.’
Dawn Clarkson – Managing Director, Dawn Clarkson Associates
‘Jean always works in a professional manner showing real integrity and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.’
Jane Fowler – Managing Director at Munro Connections
Over 30 years in the general insurance and legal sectors leading the development and delivery of commercial strategies for growth and profitability working with high profile brands and global businesses.
- Honours Degree in Industrial Economics
- Fellow of Chartered Insurance Institute
- Trained and worked in London Insurance Market
- Claims Director of high profile brand insurance companies
- Strategic Consultant delivering change, growth and profitability
- Divisional Managing Director of global law firm
My passion is supporting businesses to achieve their commercial potential. Skilled at engaging with executive and operational teams to deliver results I have worked with stakeholders to take start-ups to market, support management buy-outs and effect trade sales alongside increasing performance and profitability.
Over 20 years in sales and business development, holding senior leadership positions across a range of blue-chip, start-up and not for profit organisations. Now focused on helping organisations re-energise their commercial operations by driving structural and behavioural change to deliver sustainable sales growth.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing
- MBA from Loughborough University
- GAP Partnership “Nothing but Negotiation”
- SPIN Selling
- Challenger Sales
- Interim project with EEF redesigning commercial structure, implementing sales strategy and writing and establishing new sales process
I have a real passion for working with individuals and teams to help them reach their full potential.My approach is to spend time in the field with individual team members, identify what is working and where they need support and then implement a programme of team training complemented by individual coaching and mentoring. I have a particular interest in sales methodology and have extensive experience of devising, implementing and supporting new sales processes.
In addition to supporting individuals and teams to be successful, I have a real interest in the sales leadership, particularly the link between the style of leadership and the climate created. The climate created by a leader has a significant and quantifiable impact on team performance and helping leaders understand this dynamic and how they can improve is a key part of any work I do with sales teams.
A senior sales and marketing professional with a proven track record in demonstrating excellent leadership, strategic and communication skills.
A very creative approach to generating new business always relishing the challenge of blending the right commercial solutions to deliver sustainable profitable growth; consistently focused on delivering world leading customer service. A focused individual who places equal emphasis on driving operational rigor, as well as building world class teams and maximising individual performance.
Vast experience in written communications for all sectors including legal, manufacturing, charity, construction, retail, education and hospitiality. Origination of text, including company and product names and straplines, websites, brochures and presentations. Skilled in editing text, proof reading and identifying key messages. Social media expertise including running Twitter accounts and in-house training.
- BA Hons Government & Public Policy
- Part of regeneration team for Leeds City Council social housing
- 20 years as principal copywriter for The Aspect Group
- Originator of the DNA Messaging Workshop and author of Master Narrative for DNA clients
- Editor of a number of books for internationally renowned speakers
- Independent writer and editor
I write for people who are busy, people who don’t want to get picked up on their grammar, people who are great at talking but not so good at getting the words down on paper and people who want to capture the excellence of their business in a soundbite. I tend to work behind the scenes, bringing a client’s stories together to develop a consistent tone of voice so that all their communications – across the web, social media, printed literature, email – are carrying and reinforcing the same message.